If you wish to report an adverse event or product complaint, please call 1-800-LILLYRX (1-800-545-5979)
Erbitux ® (cetuximab) injection for intravenous infusion
100 mg in 50 mL vial; 200 mg in 100 mL vial
This information is provided in response to your request. Resources may contain information about doses, uses, formulations and populations different from product labeling. See Prescribing Information above, if applicable.
ERBITUX® (cetuximab): Storage and Stability
Cetuximab should be stored in a manner consistent with its prescribing information.
Cetuximab is supplied as a sterile, preservative-free, clear, colorless solution at concentrations of
- 100 mg/50 mL, single-use vial (NDC 66733-948-23), and
- 200 mg/100 mL, single-use vial (NDC 66733-958-23).1
- Do not freeze. Increased particulate formation may occur at temperatures at or below 32°F (0°C).
- Store cetuximab vials under refrigeration at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- Preparations of cetuximab in infusion containers are chemically and physically stable for up to
- 12 hours at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C), or
- 8 hours at controlled room temperature 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).1
- Discard any remaining solution in the infusion container after 8 hours at controlled room temperature or after 12 hours at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- Discard any unused portion of the vial.1
Enclosed Prescribing Information
1Erbitux [package insert]. Indianapolis, IN: Eli Lilly and Company; 2019.
NDC = national drug code
Date of Last Review: November 02, 2020