If you wish to report an adverse event or product complaint, please call 1-800-LILLYRX (1-800-545-5979)
Trulicity ® (dulaglutide) injection
0.75 mg/0.5 mL, 1.5 mg/0.5 mL, 3mg/0.5mL, 4.5mg/0.5mL
This information is provided in response to your request. Resources may contain information about doses, uses, formulations and populations different from product labeling. See Prescribing Information above, if applicable.
Can Trulicity® (dulaglutide) be used while a patient is breastfeeding?
Eli Lilly and Company has no data for the use of dulaglutide in patients that are breastfeeding.
See important safety information, including boxed warning, in the attached prescribing information.
Use During Lactation
There are no data on
- the presence of dulaglutide in human milk
- the effects on the breastfed infant, or
- the effects on milk production.1
The presence of dulaglutide in milk of treated lactating animals was not determined.1
The developmental and health benefits of breastfeeding should be considered along with
- the mother’s clinical need for dulaglutide, and
- any potential adverse events on the breastfed infant from dulaglutide or from the underlying maternal condition.1
Enclosed Prescribing Information
1Trulicity [package insert]. Indianapolis, IN: Eli Lilly and Company; 2021.
Date of Last Review: April 11, 2022